Get ready for Joint Commission Surveys with us
In today’s healthcare environment, psychiatric hospitals must implement continuous readiness programs for unplanned Joint Commission/Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) visits. To meet this need, NRI is pleased to inform you of our ongoing partnership with Fields & Associates. Through this partnership, we assist inpatient psychiatric hospitals with Joint Commission/CMS standards compliance and survey readiness.
NRI and Fields & Associates’ unique value-added approach to Joint Commission survey preparation combines the unmatched clinical expertise of Fields & Associates and the trusted data analytics and performance metrics of NRI. NRI has been the premiere source for services for psychiatric hospitals for over two decades, while Fields & Associates provides experience guiding psychiatric hospitals to compliance and survey success.
We have found the following four factors critical to successfully achieving and maintaining Joint Commission accreditation and/or CMS certification:
- The ability to comply with standards: Your organization should be able to identify the critical core of compliance leaders and ensure their education and solid, contemporary knowledge of standards.
- The ability to know if/when you are (or are not) in compliance: Your organization should look to a compliance information dashboard and the processes for monitoring, analyzing and capitalizing on the opportunities it reveals for improvement.
- The ability to demonstrate compliance: Together with NRI and Fields & Associates, your organization should design and implement periodic mock tracers in all areas of the hospital and at least one full, facility-wide mock survey per survey cycle.
- The ability to maintain continuous survey readiness: Your organization should establish and implement a 3-year schedule of compliance-related education, evaluation and simulation activities focused on the areas of greatest compliance vulnerability.
If you are interested in partnering with NRI on Joint Commission survey preparation call 703-738-8160 or email [email protected] to request a service quote.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive assessments for standards compliance
- Standards clarification and/or training
- On-site education and training
- Mock survey and/or mock tracers
- Clinical case consultation and quality of care evaluation
- Performance improvement principles and tools
- Ongoing compliance plan