The Joint Commission’s ORYX® initiative integrates outcomes and other performance measurement data into the accreditation process. ORYX measurement requirements are intended to support Joint Commission-accredited organizations in their quality improvement efforts.
Let us help you meet The Joint Commission’s ORYX requirements: NRI has been included on The Joint Commission's list of acceptable vendors for the ORYX initiative since its inception. As a key member in the development of the Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS) core measure set, we provide our members with up-to-date information on The Joint Commission requirements and the changing healthcare environment.
The HBIPS core measures are a set of standardized and uniform measures for inpatient care. Hospitals accredited under The Joint Commission's HAP standards are required to submit HBIPS core measure data. NRI provides performance measurement services to both HAP and BHC-accredited facilities. The current core measure set focuses on:
- HBIPS 1: Screening for risk of violence to self, risk of violence to others, substance use, psychological trauma history, and patient strengths,
- HBIPS 2: Restraint hours,
- HBIPS 3: Seclusion hours, and
- HBIPS 5: Patients discharged on multiple antipsychotic medications with appropriate justification.
NRI invites you to let us help you meet The Joint Commissions ORYX requirements. NRI’s vendor services include:
- Real-time control charts of monthly data points to depict facility process over time,
- Real-time comparison charts of monthly and quarterly data points to depict facility process in relation to the benchmarking targets,
- Assistance with investigating out-of-specification data points prior to transmission of data to The Joint Commission,
- One-on-one guidance with interpreting reports for quality initiatives,
- Preview reports for data transmitted to The Joint Commission,
- Monthly e-newsletter and educational webinars providing updates to requirements, common problems and solutions, and general user guidance,
- Personal one-on-one support as needed, plus
- For facilities that receive Medicare reimbursement, data are submitted to CMS at no additional cost.
Twenty-six of our participating hospitals were included in The Joint Commission's “Top Performers on Key Quality Measures”(R) program based on exceptional performance in 2014 on the HBIPS measures.
Request a web demonstration today; email TechSupport@nri-inc.org.