Is your organization using data to their full potential?
NRI has expertise in conducting policy and program planning and evaluation at both macro and micro levels. Some of our notable evaluation studies include:
- Multi-state evaluations related to the implementation of evidence-based practices,
- An evaluation to assess interventions related to the reduction of seclusion and restraint in state hospitals, and
- A national assessment of the impact of SAMHSA's Community Mental Health Block Grant Program through which NRI developed standardized processes and outcomes measures.
At NRI, we have also been involved with evaluations related to managed care, specialty populations (e.g., older adults and children), legal issues (e.g., Olmstead), and deinstitutionalization.
NRI regularly produces both brief and longer analyses for policy and program planning and evaluation. Recent brief reports include analyses of state mental health budget gaps and the closing of state psychiatric hospitals. More extensive policy analyses include trends on State Mental Health Agencies revenues and expenditures since 1981.
NRI can bring its expertise to your state. Examples of specific services available include:
- Implications of Medicaid expansion on the delivery of public behavioral health services,
- State budget justifications,
- Development of briefings for legislative hearings and testimony, if necessary,
- Olmsteadpolicy evaluations,
- Return on investment analyses, and
- Root cause analysis.
If you are interested in learning more about this initiative, please contact [email protected].