We handle data submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) IPFQR for our Behavioral Healthcare Performance Measurement System members. NRI prepares you for Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting (IPFQR) and saves you valuable staff time at your facility.
Beginning with the January 1, 2016 reporting period, CMS IPFQR reporting requirements include:
- HBIPS 2 - Hours of physical restraint use,
- HBIPS 3 - Hours of seclusion use,
- HBIPS 5 - Discharge on multiple antipsychotic medications with appropriate justification,
- Follow-Up After Hospitalization (FUH),
- SUB 1 - Alcohol use screening,
- SUB-2/2a - Alcohol use brief intervention/unhealthy alcohol use,
- Influenza Immunization (IMM-2),
- Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Healthcare Personnel,
- TOB-1 – Tobacco use screening,
- TOB-2 and TOB-2a – Tobacco use treatment provided or offered and tobacco use treatment received,
- TOB-2a - Counseling and medication,
- TOB-3/3a - Tobacco use treatment at discharge,
- Transition Record with Specified Elements Received by Discharged Patients,
- Timely Transmission of Transition Record,
- Screening for Metabolic Disorders,
- Assessment of Patient Experience of Care, and
- Uses of an Electronic Health Record (HER).
With our constant vigilance, NRI prepares you for Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting (IPFQR). To keep abreast of reporting requirements, facilities are encouraged to review postings under Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities on the Quality Net website (http://www.qualitynet.org). Further, in December 2015, CMS released the Measures Under Consideration for the FY2019 Payment Determination (reporting period January to December 2017). See NRI's comments here.
NRI is proud to announce that Lucille Schacht, our Senior Director for Performance and Quality Improvement, has been formally appointed to the technical advisory panel for CMS for the Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting Program, and to the technical advisory panel for The Joint Commission for Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services.